Marshland Pete is a Blues/Rock artist who sounds like Gary Clark Jr, Jeff Beck and The Black Keys meeting in an abandoned rural pub for a jam (he also apparently talks in the third person). His guitar based music is a bridge between early Blues Roots, British Blues Rock and Modern Raw Electric Blues Rock.
Growing up next to the marshland of England 1. He grew his musical understanding from the family 45s, favouring those Rock and Blues artists who could launch into deeply moving guitar solos 2 as well as musicians who embraced the unconventional. In early bands, Petey would take a lead in writing new songs and developing long solos 3.
Petey left the peaceful idyllic landscapes of the East Anglian marshland to travel the long dusty lonesome road 4 to London. He found a new home in London. Much of his music has been influenced by the London 1960's music scene and living amongst the landmarks of that era has been inspiring. These days, Petey is playing music further afield and has performed in numerous places throughout the UK.
Whilst Petey has done session work at prestigious recordings studios such as Abbey Road Studios, he records mostly from his own home studio, Chime Tone Studio. In addition to performing on the records (often playing or programming all of the instruments), he produces and mixes his songs. Petey also produces other artists of various different genres.
1. [He also grew up next to a golf course but Golf Course Pete doesn't have the same ring to it]
2. [Jeff Beck, Cream, Roy Buchanan, Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Free, Led Zeppelin] ↩
3. [His other band mates were less impressed with the length of these solos] ↩
4. [Well alright he took the train, which was quite comfortable] ↩
Previous Live Experience Highlights
- Broadstairs Blues Bash, Broadstairs
- Chiddfest, Chiddingly
- Handel Hendrix Museum, London (Battle of the Guitarists Final 3)
- Rock at the Castle Festival, Hertford Castle, Hertford
- The Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Edinburgh
- Deptford Heritage Festival, Deptford, London
- Cosmic Puffin Festival, Mersea Island
- Sounds for Hounds Festival, Worthing
- The Seagull Theatre, Lowestoft
- St Georges Theatre, Great Yarmouth
- Union Chapel, Islington, London
- Proud Camden, Camden, London